J. Front Retailing (the “Company”) and the companies in J. Front Retailing Group (the “Group Companies”) strongly recognize the importance of personal information protection. As well as abiding by the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information,” we have developed and comply with voluntary standards to appropriately protect personal information in the course of daily business activities. Particularly, your personal information is essential for us to provide services to you and we think that it is our social responsibility to appropriately and legally handle such information in a way you can trust. Therefore, in order to ensure the protection of your personal information, we will comply with the following items.
1. We will clarify the purpose of use and obtain consent from you before collecting personal information from you.
2. When indirectly collecting personal information that is widely and publicly available on websites, in magazines, etc., we will announce it in advance on our website, etc.
3. We will use personal information collected directly from you only for the purpose of use to which you have agreed. We will use personal information collected indirectly from websites, magazines, etc. only for the purpose of use that we have previously specified on our website, etc.
4. We will continue to take necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information and its loss, falsification and leakage.
5. We will appoint persons responsible for protecting and managing personal information and will educate, enlighten and regularly audit employees to ensure the appropriate handling of your personal information.
6. We will not provide your personal information to any third party unless prior consent is obtained from you or such disclosure is legally required by the provisions of laws and regulations or needed to protect important interests including public life and property.
7. When outsourcing the handling of your personal information, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the outsourced party to ensure the secure management of personal information.
8. We will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We will set up contact points to respond to your requests for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of your personal information to the extent reasonable.
May 28, 2020
Director, President and Representative Executive Officer
J. Front Retailing Co., Ltd.
2. How the Company handles your personal information
(1) Purpose of use of personal information
(i) Provision of corporate information of the Company and the Group Companies including news releases and IR information;
(ii) Sales promotion of the products and services handled by the Company and the Group Companies such as the provision of product information, service information and life information and notice of various preferential services, including personalized offers for each customer;
(iii) Sales of the products and services handled by the Company and the Group Companies and the provision of services incidental thereto including acceptance of orders and advance orders, layaway, identification including authentication on websites and apps, sales processing, repair and processing, handover at a later date, delivery, customer services, after-sales services and various preferential services;
(iv) Response to inquiries and contact concerning the products purchased from the Company and the Group Companies and the services provided by the Company and the Group Companies, sales processing, delivery and lost articles;
(v) Invitation to sign up for the gaisho services handled by the Company and the Group Companies;
(vi) Marketing research for the planning and development of the products and services handled by the Company and the Group Companies, the improvement of store floors and online sites, etc., integrated analysis of customer information and analysis data creation;
(vii) Assurance of your safety and security and the prevention of crime and disorder; and
*In case of emergency, we may contact you based on information collected from you including your family information and delivery address.
(viii) Other uses in accordance with the rules and privacy policies established by the Company and the Group Companies separately.
(2) Shared use of personal information
(i) The Company will share your personal information with the Group Companies, including by handling it in the Group’s integrated database, regardless of whether it is collected directly by the Company or the Group Companies. Click here for information on the Group Companies.
(ii) The Company and the Group Companies will share personal information only for the purpose of use specified above.
(iii) Items of personal information to be shared include name (membership number and other control ID number), address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, occupation, title and buying history.
(iv) The Company will take responsibility for managing the shared use of personal information collected by the Company.
(3) Collection of personal information
The Company and the Group Companies will collect personal information to the extent necessary for business and by legitimate and fair means.
For example, it may include the collection of information provided by you when you purchase and your purchase history, the collection of personal information from the integrated database by shared use with the Group Companies under paragraph (2) “Shared use of personal information” and the collection of personal information that is widely and publicly available on websites, in commercially available magazines and books , etc. to the extent necessary for the purpose specified in item (v) of paragraph (1) “Purpose of use of personal information.”
(4) Provision of personal information
The Company will not disclose or provide your personal information to any third party, except in any of the following cases.
(i) In cases where your consent is obtained;
(ii) In cases where the Group Companies share your personal information to the extent specified in paragraph (2) “Shared use of personal information”;
(iii) In cases where it is necessary for the Company’s contractors to perform contracted services;
(iv) In cases where disclosure of personal information is required by the provisions of laws and regulations;
(v) In cases where it is necessary to protect human life, body and property; and
(vi) In cases where it is required under laws and regulations by national organizations, local governments or parties entrusted by them.
(5) Implementation of security control measures
In order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information and its loss, falsification and leakage, the Company will manage your personal information appropriately by establishing organizational, human and technical security control measures and taking necessary and appropriate actions.
(6) Disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information
Requests for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information will be accepted at the contact point below and handled promptly to the extent reasonable and necessary. (Use the form prescribed by the Company to make such requests.)
(7) Contact for inquiries concerning personal information
Investor Relations Promotion Division
J. Front Retailing Co., Ltd.
Phone: +81-3-6895-0178 (International) / 03-6895-0178 (Domestic)
Hours: 9:00 – 17:00 (excluding Saturdays and Sundays)
Click here for contact information for inquiries concerning personal information handled by Daimaru Matsuzakaya Department Stores.
(1) Encryption of communications
When collecting personal information from you, the Company will use an encryption technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on the relevant website pages to protect your personal information.
Please be aware that the contents may be read by others if you use an SSL-incompatible browser.
(i) The Company shall bear no liability for any trouble, loss and damage caused by information contained in this website and the use of this website.
(ii) The Company shall bear no liability for any trouble, loss and damage caused by the discontinuance and suspension of the operation of this website and changes to information on this website.