Creation of the Sustainablity Committee and promotion of Internal dissemination measures
Creation of the Sustainability Committee and internal dissemination measures
We created the Sustainability Committee to promote sustainability management in all companies in the Group in a cross-organizational manner by addressing ESG materiality issues. The Committee, as well as the Risk Management Committee and Compliance Committee, is positioned as an advisory committee directly under the President and Representative Executive Officer. It meets biannually to develop action plans concerning the five materiality issues of each company in the Group so that they can be addressed by the entire Group and monitor the progress. The Board of Directors receives reports about what was discussed at the Sustainability Committee and discusses and supervises the long-term goals on ESG issues and the progress of actions. Sustainability road map C
- Chair: President and Representative Executive Officer
- Members: 16 people including Senior Executive General Managers of five supervisory units of J. Front Retailing and the presidents of operating companies in the Group
- Formulation of policies required by the entire Group to promote sustainability management
- Confirmation of the progress of long-term plans concerning materiality issues including response to climate change and KGIs/KPIs
- Discussion on and monitoring of ESG initiatives at each operating company
- Dialogue with experts and sharing of the latest ESG insights
Sustainability Committee meetings
≪1st Sustainability Committee meeting≫ （March 2019）
- Received a lecture from an external expert concerning global trends in supply chain management and sustainable procurement management under the theme of “Toward Sustainable Procurement.”
- Shared priority issues identified based on the characteristics of each operating company and targets and specific initiatives in the company’s ESG action plan for FY2019
≪2nd Sustainability Committee meeting≫ （September 2019）
- Discussed each operating company’s CO2 emissions reduction target for the next fiscal year to achieve SBTi-approved long-term reduction targets.
- Monitored each operating company’s progress based on its ESG action plan.
*The proceedings of the Sustainability Committee meetings are reported to the Board of Directors.
Internal dissemination measures on sustainability management
The Group published an ESG special issue of internal newsletter “JFRONTIER” for all employees of all operating companies so that all employees can promote ESG initiatives. The newsletter is intended to make individual employees treat ESG initiatives as “their own affairs,” raise their awareness about ESG issues and obtain their understanding and empathy about the ideas on the resolution of social issues through business (CSV).
We also launched an ESG-dedicated internal website and use it as a tool to provide internal and external ESG information timely. Ideas and clues to contribute to solving social issues through business are posted on the website and the employees of each operating company share information interactively on the social network on the website.
In addition, ESG is inccorporated into the curriculum of internal training and the top management of each operating company explains in person the backgound and importance of ESG initiatives for internal dissemination.