Corporate Governance System
Overview of Corporate Governance System
J. Front Retailing is a holding company, one of whose principal management goals is to strengthen corporate governance in order to ensure the legal compliance, transparency, objectivity, and health of Group-wide operations, acting as the central focus of governance for the Group.
As part of these efforts, we have adopted the "Company with Three Committees (Nomination, Audit and Remuneration Committees)" system for the following reasons.
(1) To strengthen management oversight functionality by separating auditors from directors.
(2) To promote transparency of authority and responsibility in carrying out operations and to make management more dynamic.
(3) To improve the transparency and objectivity of management.
(4) To build a globally-compliant governance system.
J. Front Retailing is a pure holding company, and as such entrusts the various operating companies with the authority to handle operations (not including important matters pertaining to the Group management) in order to ensure rapid decision-making and achieve greater clarity in management responsibility.
As a pure holding company, our roles and responsibilities are as follows.
(1) Establishing the Group-wide corporate governance.
(2) Planning and drafting of the Group Vision, the Group Medium-term Business Plan, and the Group Management Policy, as well as monitoring progress and results thereof.
(3) Optimizing distribution of the Group management resources.
(4) Establishing a Group-wide risk management system and performing internal audits.
(5) Handling decision-making pertaining to important Group management operations.
(6) Providing advice on and approvals for each operating company's management direction and management strategy, and supervising and evaluating progress.
We believe that non-financial efforts must be strengthened alongside conventional financial strategies and indicators in order to ensure that the company continues to grow in a sustainable manner, which is why we view ESG as an opportunity for future growth. To this end, we are working on solving social problems as a Group-wide effort through our individual businesses. We are also working to further strengthen corporate governance in the belief that it can serve to support and promote ESG efforts.
We have prepared a written "Corporate Governance Guidelines" which lays out exactly what kind of corporate governance the Group should have, and we are aiming for the best corporate governance by constantly revising it. We will publicize the statement throughout society to foster an ongoing good-faith and constructive dialogue with the Group's various stakeholders with the goal of improving the Group's ongoing growth and medium- to long-term enhancement of corporate value.
Corporate Governance Guidelines（PDF 192KB）
Corporate Governance Report（PDF 851KB）